At First Walk LLC (www.firstwalk.com ), we share your concerns about privacy. Since an essential function of this site is performing customized home searches and securing information about builders, product manufacturers and related resources, largely based upon the information you input, we want you to understand what types of information we are collecting and what may happen to that information.
- What types of information is collected by, First Walk?
- How is this information used by First Walk?
- Who this information may be shared with by First Walk?
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under First Walk’s control?
- What would cause you to be terminated from First Walk?
- What to know when making a payment?
- How can you update your information?
- What other provisions apply to your use of this site?
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- Information is collected from our users at several different points during your visit to First Walk.
- Registration— To use some resources available on our websites, a user must complete our registration process. During registration, a user is required to provide certain categories of information, such as name, address, e-mail address, credit card, license number, a password, and phone number.
- Optional Information–At various other points during your visit to First Walk, you may be asked to provide information about yourself. For example, you may wish to participate in a survey or a contest. Participation in surveys or contests or the use of other services which require the input of additional information is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features of our site.
- Passive Collection of Information— In addition to the information which you actively provide to First Walk by methods such as completing the registration form, First Walk collects information about how you interact with our site. First Walk collects passive information for purposes such as testing and improving a user’s experience at the site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. The types of passive information collected by this site include, without limitation, your IP address, which type of browser you are using, where you go on our site, and how long you stay on any part of our site. Passive information does not identify you to First Walk by name, and First Walk does not link your IP address to your personally identifiable information.
- Collection of Information from Children— First Walk abides by federal law and the guidelines set up by the Federal Trade Commission regarding youth privacy (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). As such, First Walk will not knowingly collect any personal information from or allow the registration of young people under the age of 18.
- Tell-A-Friend— You can choose to let a friend or your parents know about First Walk through our referral services or invites. If you choose to use the invite service, we will ask you for your friend’s name, phone number and e-mail address and First Walk will send your friend an e-mail inviting him or her to visit First Walk to learn more about our services. First Walk stores your friend’s contact information for the sole purpose of sending the e-mail.
USE OF INFORMATION
- The information which you supply to First Walk enables us to provide the new home search and matching services, home brochures, maps, etc. In addition, First Walk uses your information in order to customize our site to your interests and enhance your overall experience at our site. First Walk tries to recognize you using various methods, including having you log in with your e-mail address and your password. Once First Walk recognizes you, pages, advertisements and other content is customized for you so that you can see what interests you the most. In addition, as described above, First Walk utilizes passive information to learn more about how you interact with our site. This passive information may be combined with your other information for purposes such as testing and improving your experience at our site and the compilation of broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information for internal purposes and for disclosure to third parties such as advertisers and content partners. This aggregate passive information does not contain any personal information which can identify any individual user.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- You own all the content and information you post on First Walk, and you control what is shared.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with First Walk (IP License).
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of First Walk, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about First Walk, but you understand that we may use your First Walk or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- During the registration process, and at certain points thereafter in connection with specific offers, First Walk asks you whether information about you may be sent to third parties who have products, services and opportunities which may be useful to you. First Walk understands how important your information is to you. Therefore, First Walk does not share any information that can be tied to you without your permission. If you give your permission to allow third parties to contact you, personal information about you (such as your contact information and other information collected during your visit to First Walk) may be shared with builders, product manufacturers, data aggregators, real estate agents, marketers (possibly in the form of list rental), and other organizations. Regardless of your decision regarding the sharing of your personal information, we may share broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information with our business partners. This aggregate information does not contain any personal information which can identify any individual user.
- Third Party Service Providers— From time to time, First Walk may decide that it is more efficient to use third parties to perform specific services, such as sending newsletters to First Walk’s users. If we use a third party to provide specific services (such as sending newsletters to our users on our behalf), then information (such as contact information) may be shared with that party to the extent necessary for the third party to provide these services. These third party service providers are only allowed to use personally identifiable information for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by First Walk. The third party services covered by this paragraph do not include links to third party sites found on our site, which are governed by a more specific provision (Links to Other Sites) below.
- Disclosure to Law Enforcement and Similar Disclosures— While First Walk strives to protect the personal information of our users, First Walk will release personal information if required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary or appropriate.
- First Walk has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and/or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. We do our best to keep First Walk safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep First Walk safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on First Walk.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access First Walk, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on First Walk.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements).
- You will not use First Walk to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of First Walk, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other First Walk functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- First Walk helps protect personally identifiable information by utilizing both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the places where your information is stored. Our staff is trained to comply with our security procedures, and our security procedures are regularly reviewed and revised, if necessary, by the Privacy Team at First Walk.
- If you have any questions about security issues at our site, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will try to answer your questions.
- If you violate any item listed under security #13 or the spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of First Walk to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
- We can also terminate your access to the Site or the Services at any time. We may also remove any User Content that you post without cause and without notice to you.We can also change these Terms at any time, and your continued use of the Services after any change we make will mean that you agreed with the changes. Notice to you may be made by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Services. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY CHANGE, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
- You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
Making Purchases – If you make a payment on First Walk, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
a.Funding and spending. When you make a purchase, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument to load money into your electronic value balance. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to the developer offering the content you wish to purchase.
b.Pricing. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
c.Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
d.Subscriptions. If you purchase a subscription or to a feature within your subscription access, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through First Walk:
- If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
- You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account page.
- If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If a feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
e.No Warranties. You acknowledge that the products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by First Walk. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH FIRST WALK.
Payment Methods – First Walk has a Stripe Services Agreement to read more information concerning payment methods, payment privacy, and payment terms. Visit http://stripe.com/us/privacy
HOW YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
- You can update your personal information by clicking on the “My Profile” link on your First Walk account page. Users who are experiencing problems with updating their information should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will try to resolve your problems.
- Disclaimer— First Walk provides information on many topics. Some of this information is created by First Walk, and some of it is created by third parties. While our site strives to provide accurate expert advice, commentary and other information, First Walk does not make any warranty regarding the accuracy, reliability or use of any information provided on this site, including articles, demonstration videos, mortgage calculators and other tools.
- Other— In the event that First Walk sells, assigns or transfers some or all of its business to a successor or acquirer, First Walk may sell, assign or transfer all of your information, regardless of your opt status, to such successor or acquirer.
* * *
Your privacy is important to First Walk. If you have questions about any of the provisions described above, please contact us at email@example.com or via the other contact information listed above.
Update effective March 1, 2017.